At Mason, we recognize the important role our parents and families play in their student’s development and success, and we are committed to supporting you through virtual family experiences and initiatives. While we are disappointed we can’t invite you to campus to join us in person, we are excited to engage you virtually in the comfort of your home!
We invite all parents and family members, both of new and continuing Mason students, to join faculty and staff from around the university for our Virtual Fall Family Kick-Off event on Monday, August 17 from 4-7 p.m. EDT. You will gain access to key offices, learn important university information, and explore opportunities to support your student’s learning and success.
Register for the Virtual Fall Family Kick-Off
Additionally, this event will also kick off our smaller virtual family experiences to be held throughout the fall semester. These virtual assistance and engagement opportunities include:
- Resource videos that highlight various campus resources
- Success coaching and academic support to help you support your student’s learning
- Technology tips and well-being resources for families whose students are learning online
- Live workshops with key offices in which content-area experts will provide tips, advice and available resources
- Peer-led support that provides a space focused on family-to-family conversation and how to support each other and your students on this collegiate journey
For more information about our virtual family initiatives, visit masonfamily.gmu.edu/virtual-family-initiatives or contact New Student and Family Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Director of Family Programs
New Student and Family Programs