What is the Mason Student Services Center?
The Mason Student Services Center is the first stop and the central resource for information and solutions related to registration, enrollment, financial aid, billing, academic records and other student support services. A team of cross-trained Mason Student Services Center Representatives provide assistance to new and continuing students at all points of their academic career, in one convenient location, thus eliminating the need to visit multiple offices on campus.
What types of services are offered at the Mason Student Services Center?
Registration and Enrollment
- Course registration and schedule changes
- Assistance with re-enrollment to Mason after an absence
- Changes of Major/Minor/Concentration
- Assistance in obtaining Enrollment Verification
- Assistance identifying outstanding requirements
- Collection of financial aid verification documents
- Status and explanation of financial aid awards
- Cost of attendance and financing a degree information
- Scholarship information
Billing and Payments
- Assistance navigating various methods of payment
- Explanation of charges and payments on student’s account
- Payment Plan and refund information
Academic Records and other Student Services
- Document Collection
- Transcript inquires
- Application Check-list review
- Transfer Credit Tools
- Advisor and Department locations and referrals
How does it work?
The Mason Student Services Center is located on the first floor of Student Union 1, on the Fairfax campus. Upon arrival, students should first proceed to an available kiosk station and check-in online. The online check-in process allows students to self-identify the area they need assistance with, which allows for streamlined service. After check-in, students will be greeted by a Mason Student Services Center Representative who can answer both general and complex questions, provide assistance with navigating university resources and provide referrals to specialists when necessary.
The Mason Student Services Center will launch in the beginning of the fall semester to better serve Mason students.
Mason Student Services Center
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-assocation.