George Mason University offers Aetna Student Health insurance to all undergraduate and graduate students, full-time and part-time, who take at least three credit hours. Aetna Student Health insurance is a student-focused health insurance plan that protects students at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad.
Domestic students are encouraged, but not required, to have health insurance while international students are required to have health insurance. More information is available at shs.gmu.edu/insurance. A few highlights of Mason’s student health insurance plan are listed below:
• $250 annual deductible
• $250 emergency room deductible
• Access to Aetna’s nationwide network of health care professionals, including primary care and specialist doctors
• Inpatient and outpatient coverage (80/20)
• Access to vision, dental, fitness and Alternative Health Care Discount Programs
• Travel Assistance Services and Worldwide Medical Coverage while traveling or studying abroad
• No pre-existing condition clause
• Adult immunizations ONLY if provided at Student Health Services
• Preventative services covered at Student Health Services and in-network providers
The Spring 2018 open enrollment period is open through Thursday, February 15.
For a detailed plan description, including online enrollment, visit aetnastudenthealth.com.
If your student is living on campus and is currently covered by a family members’ insurance policy, please review the details of the plan to make certain that coverage is provided while away from home.
Student Health Services