Housing and Residence Life will wrap up another successful fall semester one month from today! We would like to remind you of a few items as we make the transition into spring 2020:
- HRL Student Staff are reaching out to all residents to discuss housing plans for 2020. If your student is not returning as a student to Mason in the spring due to graduation, study abroad, or not enrolling in classes, your student must fill out and submit an Agreement Release Request Form as soon as possible to any area desk or to the main housing office in Piedmont/Tidewater.
- In rare cases, a student encounters an extreme, unforeseeable, and uncontrollable problem that interferes with the ability to continue living at Mason, and Housing cannot provide a reasonable solution or alternative campus housing. Emergency issues might be medical, psychological, and/or financial. Students can request to be released from the Housing Agreement with proper documentation by filling out and submitting the Housing Agreement Appeal Form.
- Housing and Residence Life transitions into Winter Break Housing on Thursday, December 19th. All upperclass students and any freshmen students who live in Roosevelt, Jackson and Taylor may remain on campus during Winter Break. More information about Winter Break Housing can be found at housing.gmu.edu/housing-options/hall-closings.
- Is your student in need of campus housing for spring 2020? We have openings for new freshmen, new transfers, and current off-campus students. The Housing Application opened on November 5th. If your student currently lives on campus, there is no need to reapply for spring!
- Housing Selection 2020 opens in mid-December for all returning students. This is the application and selection process for 2020-2021 on- campus housing. Your student can also apply to an Upper-Level Living Learning Community in their housing application. Please encourage your student to attend an information session! More information can be found at housing.gmu.edu/apply/returning-residents.
For additional on-campus housing resources, encourage your student to visit housing.gmu.edu or contact Housing and Residence Life at (703) 993-2720.
Associate Director of Living and Learning Communities
Housing and Residence Life
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.