Housing and Residence Life will wrap up another successful fall semester one month from today! We would like to remind you of a few items as we make the transition into Spring 2019:
- The 2019-2020 Resident Assistant (RA) application will launch in the coming weeks! We encourage interested students to attend an information session and submit an application. For more detailed information about the RA hiring process, visit housing.gmu.edu/about/employment/student-employment.
- RAs are reaching out to all residents to discuss housing plans for 2019. If your student is not returning as a student to Mason in the spring due to graduation, study abroad, or not enrolling in classes, your student must fill out and submit an Agreement Release Request Form as soon as possible to any area desk or to the main housing office in Potomac Heights.
- In rare cases, a student encounters an extreme, unforeseeable, and uncontrollable problem that interferes with the ability to continue living at Mason, and Housing cannot provide a reasonable solution or alternative campus housing. Emergency issues might be medical, psychological, and/or financial. Students can request to be released from the Housing Agreement with proper documentation by filling out and submitting the Housing Agreement Appeal Form.
- Housing and Residence Life transitions into Winter Break Housing on Thursday, December 20. All upperclass students and freshmen students who live in Roosevelt, Jackson and Taylor may remain on campus during winter break. More information about Winter Break Housing can be found at housing.gmu.edu/housing-options/hall-closings.
- Is your student in need of campus housing for Spring 2019? We have openings for new freshmen, new transfers, and current off-campus students. The Housing Application opened on November 5th. If your student currently lives on campus, there is no need to reapply for Spring!
- Housing Selection 2019 opens in mid to late January for current residents. This is the application and selection process to secure campus housing for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please encourage your student to attend an information session! More information can be found at housing.gmu.edu/apply/returning-residents.
For additional on-campus housing resources, encourage your student to visit housing.gmu.edu or contact Housing and Residence Life at (703) 993-2720.
Associate Director of Housing Services
Housing and Residence Life