The Mason Student Services Center is the central resource for information and solutions related to registration, enrollment, financial aid, billing, academic records and other student support services, all in one convenient location. Included in these services is keeping students up-to-date with important deadlines related to registration and financing. Don’t miss these deadlines that are rapidly approaching!
- February 5 – last date to drop a full semester course with 100% tuition refund
- February 11 – final drop deadline with 50% tuition refund
- February 25 – March 30, Selective Withdrawal Period, no tuition refund
Planning to use financial aid for the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year? If you have not already done so, be sure to submit your 2020-2021 FAFSA at fafsa.gov as soon as possible. If additional documents are required after Mason receives your FAFSA, you will be notified via email.
The Mason General Scholarship Application for the 2020-2021 Award Year will open February 1, 2020.
The General Scholarship Application automatically matches current Mason students continuing undergraduates, graduates, and admitted transfers with a Mason GPA, with scholarship opportunities based on their application and Mason student record. The General Application includes both merit-based and financial need-based scholarships. For more information and to apply, visit: General Scholarship Application
Visit the Mason Student Services Center!
For questions about the deadlines or information listed above, visit us Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. We are located on the first floor of SUB 1.
Unfamiliar with the Mason Student Services Center?
A team of cross-trained Mason Student Services Center Representatives provide assistance to new and continuing students at all points of their academic career, in one convenient location, thus eliminating the need to visit multiple offices on campus.
Registration and Enrollment
- Course registration and schedule changes
- Assistance with re-enrollment to Mason after an absence
- Changes of Major/Minor/Concentration
- Assistance in obtaining Enrollment Verification
- Assistance identifying outstanding requirements
- Collection of financial aid verification documents
- Status and explanation of financial aid awards
- Cost of attendance and financing a degree information
- Scholarship information
Billing and Payments
- Assistance navigating various methods of payment
- Explanation of charges and payments on student’s account
- Payment Plan and refund information
Academic Records and other Student Services
- Document Collection
- Transcript inquires
- Application Check-list review
- Transfer Credit Tools
- Advisor and Department locations and referrals
How does it work?
The Mason Student Services Center is located on the first floor of Student Union 1, on the Fairfax campus. Upon arrival, students should first proceed to an available kiosk station and check-in online. The online check-in process allows students to self-identify the area they need assistance with, which allows for streamlined service. After check-in, students will be greeted by a Mason Student Services Center Representative who can answer both general and complex questions, provide assistance with navigating university resources and provide referrals to specialists when necessary.
Mason Student Services Center
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.