Sibs & Kids Weekend at a glance
Sibs & Kids Weekend is a two-day event designed to provide Mason students with an opportunity to connect with their siblings, cousins, neighbors and friends. Fun activities and events will be held throughout the weekend that allow for siblings and kids to experience life as a Mason Patriot! Saturday event highlights include:
- Patriot Pride Palooza– Mason students and their guests are invited to join us for the inaugural Patriot Pride Palooza, where participants can bounce around a bouncy house, learn Mason’s Fight Song, and enjoy a whole host of other activities!
- Academic Arcade– At this event, guests can view and play games and apps designed by Mason students in the Computer Game Design program.
- Rock Out with the College of Science– Participants should join us for this interactive look at some of the coolest artifacts and rock collections Mason has to offer, including an authentic tarbosauras head!
- Greenhouse and Garden Tour– Mason students, siblings and kids can come learn more and participate in gardening and sustainability activities, including pruning and staking tomato plants and pollinating flowers.
- Play the Patriot Way– Participant can join in on an afternoon of interactive games, activities, and a little friendly competition!
For a full list of events, visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu/skw19-weekend-schedule.
Who can attend Sibs & Kids Weekend?
Mason students are invited to bring their siblings, other family members and friends between the ages of 6-18. It is free for Mason students, $15 for Mason faculty and staff and $25 for participants (ages 6-18). The registration fee includes giveaways, a Sibs & Kids Weekend t-shirt, entrance to more than 15 events on the Sibs & Kids Weekend schedule (including meals!), and parking on the Fairfax campus for April 27-28.
All family members are invited to join us Sunday, April 28, for breakfast at Ike’s! For those not registered for Sibs & Kids Weekend, you can pay for breakfast at the door.
How does my student register for Sibs & Kids Weekend?
To register, visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu and click the Register Now button. Complete and submit the required Sibs & Kids to Permission to Participate form for all guests. After filling out the form for all guests, complete your registration by clicking the “complete your registration” link. Online registration closes on Sunday, April 14.
For more information, visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu, call (703) 993-2475 or email email@example.com. Also, follow @MasonFamilyAssociation on Facebook and use the hashtag #MasonSibsKids19 for event updates. We can’t wait to celebrate Sibs & Kids Weekend with your Mason student and their guest(s)!
Graduate Assistant for Family Programs
New Student and Family Programs
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.