George Mason University offers UnitedHealthcare Student Resource (UNCSR) insurance for purchase to all undergraduate and graduate students, full-time and part-time, who take at least three credit hours. UnitedHealthcare insurance is a student-focused health insurance plan that protects students at school, at home, and while traveling or studying abroad.
Domestic students are encouraged, but not required, to have health insurance while international students are required to have health insurance. More information is available at shs.gmu.edu/insurance. A few highlights of Mason’s student health insurance plan are listed below:
- $200 annual deductible
- $250 emergency room deductible
- Access to UHCSR’s nationwide network of health care professionals, including primary care and specialist doctors
- Inpatient and outpatient coverage (80/20)
- Travel Assistance Services and Worldwide Medical Coverage while traveling or studying abroad
- No pre-existing condition clause
- Adult immunizations ONLY if provided at Student Health Services
- Preventative services covered at Student Health Services and in-network providers
The Spring 2020 open enrollment period is open through February 15, 2020.
For a detailed plan description, including online enrollment, visit https://www.uhcsr.com/school-page.
If your student is living on campus and is currently covered by a family members’ insurance policy, please review the details of the plan to make certain that coverage is provided while away from home.
Student Health Services
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.