Mason offers affordable transportation to regional cities for the Winter Break. Destinations include Richmond, Hampton, and Virginia Beach, as well as Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York. Buses will leave on Wednesday, December 18 to regional cities and return on Sunday, January 19. For a complete list of destinations, departure times, pickup locations, and to reserve a seat, please visit shuttle.gmu.edu or directly at Winter Break Transportation 2019.
You always have access to Zimride which is the University’s free rideshare network for students, staff, and faculty. You can sign up with your Mason NetID to find others in the area with whom to carpool and save money on gas.
- Mason’s Burke Centre VRE shuttle travels from the Fairfax campus to the Burke train station, and you can take a connecting AMTRAK or VRE train from there. Burke is on the VRE Manassas line.
- If you are traveling to area airports, they are accessible via public transportation, Super Shuttle, Uber/Lyft, or Taxi. For details on public transportation access, please visit our Airport Transportation page.
- Union Station is a hub for Amtrak and some regional bus services. It is available via Metro; students can take the Mason Shuttle or CUE Bus to Vienna (orange line), transfer at Metro Center to get on the red line and get off at Union Station. For information on ground transportation from Union Station, please visit Union Station Ground Transportation.
Questions? Please visit shuttle.gmu.edu or call (703) 993-2828. You can also connect with Mason Parking and Transportation via social media at
- Mason Shuttles: @MasonShuttles
- Mason Parking: @MasonParking
- Mason Parking and Transportation: https://www.facebook.com/MasonParkingTransportation
Transportation Programs Manager
Parking and Transportation
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.