At the Mason UPS Store Print Center, in Merten Hall on the Fairfax campus, we design our services to support your student and help him or her get the most out of the college experience. We offer extended hours that are convenient for your student, staying open until 8 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 6 p.m. on Friday, and from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday.
Summer Storage—a secure way to store your student’s belongings over the summer.
Consider storing your student’s belongings with The UPS Store this summer, rather than hauling it all home and back again in August. Here’s how it works:
- Basics: The cost of storing five 18x18x16 boxes for the summer is $265. There are extra charges for more pieces, or oversized pieces. If only 4 boxes are used, and your student has a mini fridge, we count that as the fifth piece. We supply the first 5 boxes and a roll of tape at no cost, and any extra boxes or packaging must be purchased.
- Sign-up: Students can sign-up for summer storage at any time at The UPS Store in Merten Hall on the Fairfax campus, or at GMUstorage.com. Payment can be made at the store or over the phone with a credit card. Once payment is made, your student will receive boxes and tape, an inventory sheet to fill out while packing, and some packing tips.
- Fragile items: If storing something fragile like a TV, we must fragile pack it, which comes at an extra cost. If your student still has the original box and packaging, and if the TV is part of the 5 boxes, there are no extra charges.
- Move-out: We arrange a day and time frame in which we will meet your student in front of his or her residence hall. We cannot go inside or up to the rooms. We pick up the boxes, load them into containers, and store them in a secure warehouse in the area.
- Storage: Please note that once your student’s boxes are in storage, it is very difficult and costly to retrieve anything that has been accidently packed. Please remind your student to not pack anything they may need over the summer, such as a passport.
- Move-in: At the time of sign-up, we will ask which neighborhood your student will move into in August and securely store his or her packages in that neighborhood at the beginning of the fall semester. The UPS Store will determine a schedule for pick-up and notify students appropriately. For students moving off campus, their storage will be available at our store for pick up.
For more information about The UPS Summer storage program, or the wide variety of services offered, please visit our website.
Mason UPS Store