Congratulations on your student's admission to George Mason University! We cannot wait to officially welcome your family to the Mason community, but first, we would like to introduce you to members of the Mason community in your hometown!
This year, we are hosting in-person and virtual options for students and families to attend. All in-person opportunities will take place at a Topgolf location in your area. Students should check their email to find how to register for these events! This is a limited capacity event and registration is required. Registration closes on Thursday, July 22 at 11:59 p.m. ET. We will have a limited number of waitlist spaces available.
Sunday, August 1; 2:00-4:00 p.m. ET (Arrive at 1:45 p.m.)
|Orlando, FL||9295 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
|Germantown, MD||20101 Century Blvd
Germantown, MD 20874
|National Harbor, MD||6400 Clipper Way
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
|Charlotte, NC||8024 Savoy Corporate Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28273
|Edison, NJ||1013 U.S. Route 1
Edison, NJ 08817
|Houston, TX (2 p.m. Central)||1030 Memorial Brook Blvd.
Houston, TX 77084
|Loudoun, VA||20356 Commonwealth Center Dr.
Ashburn, VA 20147
|Richmond, VA||2308 Westwood Ave
Richmond, VA 23230
|Virginia Beach, VA||5444 Greenwich Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Thursday, August 5; 6:00 p.m. ET
This event will take place via Zoom. Registration is required. Encourage your student to check their email to find how to register for this event. You and your student will have the opportunity to virtually meet other students and families from your area and play games including trivia and bingo with Alumni, Professional Staff, and others!
Show off your Patriot Pride with a customized virtual background!
- Click on the image below that you want as your Zoom background.
- The image will open in a separate window.
- Right click on the image and select Save Image to save it to your desktop.
- Once you join the Zoom meeting, on the bottom left of your screen, you will see the second icon that says Stop Video.
- Click on the arrow next to it and click Choose Virtual Background. A new window will pop up. Next to the words Choose Virtual Background, click on the plus sign (+) to upload your Mason-themed background that is saved on your desktop.
- After you upload your background, click on it to select it as your virtual background. If the background has words on it and the words are showing up backwards, check or uncheck the Mirror My Video box.
- Close the window.
If your family is interested in attending or hosting a future regional event for incoming Mason students and their families, please complete our Regional Event Host Interest Form online. Access the form.