The purpose of this communication is to help prepare your student for the 2021-2022 Housing Application and Housing Selection processes.
All current Mason students have the opportunity to apply for housing for next year. The number of upperclass students able to select housing for next year will ultimately depend on the level of demand from students who are guaranteed housing. Students who are cleared to participate in the Housing Selection Process will be notified and provided important process information via their Mason email no later than 5:00 p.m. ET on Monday, February 8.
Housing Application and Selection Process Overview
– Housing application closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 2.
– The application can be found in the Housing Portal at gmu.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortal.
– Applicants will be notified if they will be cleared for selection process on February 8.
– Roommate grouping begins in the Housing Portal on February 26.
– Your student can search for roommates in the Housing Portal.
Housing Selection Process: March 15-March 19
– Students will be sent an email assigning a specific date and time slot during which they will need to login to the Housing Portal to select their space.
– Students will pay their $300 pre-payment after their space has been selected. All pre-payments are due by Monday, March 22.
– Pre-payment Waivers will be available February 24-March 22.
If you or your student have questions regarding the application or selection process, please email Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 993-2720.
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.