A full house of employers is expected for the 2021 Spring Career Fair on Feb. 17 and 18 from 12-4 p.m. ET. While the market has been somewhat uncertain due to the pandemic, there are plenty of employers still looking to hire Mason students and alumni!
A range of national, regional and local employers are expected, including:
- General Dynamics, Kearney & Co, Raytheon, CVS Health and other major employers from around the Northern Virginia area.
- Many federal and local government agencies are also registered including the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, FAA, Patent & Trademark Office, Fish and Wildlife Service, Peace Corps and several branches of local county governments.
- Nonprofits include the Cato Institute, the Institute of World Politics, City Year and Teach for America and more.
All Mason students and alumni are welcome to register and attend the Career Fair. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with employers in real time to discuss internships and job openings.
The virtual Career Fair – How it works and what’s different
University Career Services will use a virtual fair platform that allows students to visit e-booths of employers in both camera, audio, and text formats.
- Registration is mandatory – Encourage your student to visit JobsConnected and register by 12 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- Urge your student to attend a preparation event before the Career Fair to practice speaking with employers and to have their resume reviewed. Events can be found on the Career Services Events Calendar.
- Suggest that your student attend the Career Fair professionally dressed to make a strong first impression. We have a Pinterest Work Wear board that they can use for ideas of what to wear.
- Your student can research employers attending the virtual Career Fair. They can use their Handshake account to review the employers attending and the positions that are open.
- Recommend that your student check their technology in advance. Since your student will be meeting with employers in real time, it’s important that they check their webcam and microphone in advance.
- Encourage your student to visit our Prepare for the Fair page for more information about how to make the most out of the Spring Career Fair!
Career Fair Manager
University Career Services
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.