Housing and Residence Life will wrap up another fall semester just about one month from today! We would like to remind you of a few items as we make the transition into spring 2021:
- If your student is not returning to Mason in the spring due to graduation, study abroad, or not enrolling in classes, your student must fill out and submit an Agreement Release Request Form in the Housing Portal as soon as possible.
- In rare cases, a student encounters an extreme, unforeseeable, and uncontrollable problem that interferes with the ability to continue living at Mason, and Housing cannot provide a reasonable solution or alternative accommodations. Emergency issues might be medical, psychological, and/or financial. Students can request to be released from the Housing Agreement with proper documentation by filling out and submitting the Housing Agreement Appeal Form found in the Housing Portal.
- Housing and Residence Life transitions into Winter Break Housing on Thursday, Dec. 17 at 12 p.m. (noon) ET. Students who have a need to stay on campus will need to fill out the Winter Break Housing application found in the Housing Portal by Dec. 1. Since Winter Break Housing is need-based, students must meet certain criteria in order to remain in the residence halls over the Winter Break. Also, students may be required to temporarily relocate to an open residence hall.
- Residence halls will reopen for the spring 2021 semester Jan. 20-24. In early January all residential students will receive information on how to schedule a spring move-in appointment to ensure proper social distancing in all communities.
- Is your student in need of on-campus housing for spring 2021? We have openings for new freshmen, new transfers, and current off-campus students. The Housing Application opened on Nov. 4. If your student currently lives on campus, there is no need to reapply for spring!
For additional on-campus housing resources, encourage your student to visit housing.gmu.edu or contact Housing and Residence Life at (703) 993-2720.
Associate Director, Housing Operations
Housing & Residence Life
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.