Is your Mason student considering attending Sibs & Kids Weekend? Of course they are! Below is information about the weekend, including who can attend and how to register.
Sibs & Kids Weekend at a glance
Sibs & Kids Weekend is a two-day event designed to provide Mason students with an opportunity to connect with their siblings, cousins, neighbors and friends. Fun activities and events will be held throughout the weekend that allow for siblings and kids to experience life as a Mason Patriot! Event highlights include:
- Patriot Pride Palooza – Mason students and their guest(s) are invited to join us for the inaugural Patriot Pride Palooza, where participants can snag their own Patriot Pride t-shirt, learn Mason’s Fight Song, and leave their mark on Mason!
- Academic Arcade – At this event, guests can view and play games and apps designed by Mason students in the Computer Game Design program.
- Rock Out with the College of Science – Participants should join us for this interactive look at some of the coolest artifacts and rock collections Mason has to offer, including an authentic tarbosauras head!
- Tie-Dye with Off-Campus Student Services – Mason students, siblings and kids will make their very own tie-dye creations. Shirts and supplies will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Movie Night at the Ridge – Participants can wind down at movie night where we are showing the new Jumanji movie, featuring Kevin Hart, Jack Black and The Rock!
For a full list of events, visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu/weekend-schedule.
Who can attend Sibs & Kids Weekend?
Mason students are invited to bring their sibling(s) or any child, niece, nephew, cousin, friend or neighbor between the ages of 6-18. It is free for Mason students, $10 for Mason faculty and staff, $20 for younger participants (ages 6-12) and $30 for older participants (ages 13-18). The registration fee includes giveaways, a Sibs & Kids Weekend t-shirt, entrance to more than 15 events on the Sibs & Kids Weekend schedule (including meals!), and parking on the Fairfax campus for April 21-22.
All family members are invited to join us Sunday, April 22, for Breakfast & Bingo at Ike’s! For those not registered for Sibs & Kids Weekend, the cost for breakfast is $8 plus tax at the door.
*Mason faculty and staff who would like to eat at Southside for lunch on Saturday or at Ike’s for breakfast on Sunday will need to pay for their meal at the door, as those meals are not included in the $10 registration fee.
How does my student register for Sibs & Kids Weekend?
To register, visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu and click the Register Now button. After paying for the guest’s registration fee, submit the required waiver at masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu/required-waivers. Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 15.
For more information, visit masonfamilyevents.gmu.edu, call (703) 993-2475 or email email@example.com. Also, follow @MasonFamilyAssociation on Facebook and use the hashtag #MasonSibsKids18 for event updates. We can’t wait to celebrate Sibs & Kids Weekend with your Mason student and their guest(s)!
Orientation and Family Programs and Services