Parking & Transportation
- 2021 Spring semester parking permits are on sale at parking.gmu.edu.
- Permits will be sold only as daily, weekly, monthly, and semester options. Annual permits are discontinued for the 2020-21 academic year.
- For information on semester and daily/weekly/monthly permit rates, visit transportation.gmu.edu/parking-services/permits.
- Motorcycle permits are available for purchase at the Parking Services office by appointment only. Please call (703) 993-2710 to schedule an appointment.
- All permits are PRINTABLE with the exception of Motorcycle permits. Permits will not be mailed.
- As the last step of the online permit purchase process, please print and display the permit on the vehicle dashboard prior to parking. The permit link will expire 14 days after the purchase date.
- Spring Mason Shuttles service will begin on Monday, January 25 with two routes: Fairfax/SciTech and Gunston Mason. Each route will run Monday through Friday only. There is no weekend service. The Fairfax/SciTech route will have two buses with service every 75 minutes. Other than Fairfax/SciTech and Gunston Mason, all other routes will not run during the spring semester.
- Spring schedules and the latest information on Mason Shuttles can be found at shuttle.gmu.edu.
Parking Changes for the Spring Semester
West Campus permits will not be sold due to discontinued spring semester shuttle service. Any Mason parking permit is valid at West Campus, if needed. A portion of the West Campus parking lot is blocked off and not available for parking. Valid Mason permits can also be used to park in spaces located on Rapidan River Road.
Rappahannock Parking Deck
The gates for the reserved levels (3 through 5) will remain lifted for the semester so an access card will not be required for entry. A valid Rappahannock reserved permit is still required to park on reserved levels and will be enforced.
Freshmen resident students can purchase any permit except the General and Lot M/P permits. Freshmen residents can purchase the “Resident Lite” permit option, which is valid in Lots K, M, O, and P.
Off-Campus Freshmen can purchase the “General Lot” permit option.
The “General Lot” permit option is available for purchase.
For students, faculty, and staff who do not require parking on campus on a regular basis, there are daily, weekly, and monthly options available online. Hourly visitor parking is available in all parking garages at $3/hour with a $15 daily maximum. At the Field House, Lots M and P are the lowest priced daily parking at $3/day and can be purchased online or by using the ParkMobile app. A daily permit for General areas is also available online for $9/day as well as one for Lot K only for $6/day.
Spring Semester Building Hours
Johnson Center: 7 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
Student Union Building I (SUB I): 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
The HUB: 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
Click here to know what’s open on campus right now! Looking for a full list of our hours of operation? Visit masondining.sodexomyway.com and click on the first link on right of the home page (first link if you’re on the mobile site).
Southside and Ike’s reopen Sunday, January 24. View the Move-In Week Hours here.
Southside Dining Hall
Sunday, Jan. 24: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Ike’s Dining Hall
Sunday, Jan. 24: [Breakfast] 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; [Dinner] 5-9 p.m.
Dine in at Southside or Ike’s by making a Yelp! Reservation today! Reserve a table for up to 4 people to dine with friends.
Have any questions about our COVID-19 procedures or how services have been adapted? Check out our COVID-19 FAQ.
COVID Testing Site
Surveillance (asymptomatic) COVID testing will now be taking place in the Johnson Center on the 1st floor in the old library space. Testing at this new location will run throughout the spring semester.
Mason Card Office
- Appointments are required when visiting the Mason Card Office and can be booked at masonid.gmu.edu.
- Checks, Visa, and MasterCard are currently accepted forms of payment for in-person Mason Money deposits.
- Byte Meal Plan access resumes Wednesday, January 20 at 4 p.m. in Gold Rush.
*To receive more articles like this straight to your inbox, sign up for the Mason Family Association at masonfamily.gmu.edu/mason-family-association.